About Los Amigos Peruvian Paso Club
Los Amigos Peruvian Paso Club was founded in 1978.
Its primary objectives as set out in the bylaws are:
Los Amigos Peruvian Paso Club was founded in 1978 and its primary objectives as set out in the bylaws are:
To enhance public awareness of the Peruvian Horse, including the history, attributes, performance and utility of the breed.
To sponsor activities, including (but not limited to) horse shows, trail rides and training clinics, within the Southern California area.
- To foster and promote youth participation in all aspects of the Peruvian Horse.
- To provide information and assistance to members regarding the training, showing, breeding and usefulness of the Peruvian Horse.
- To support and assist the U.S. National Peruvian Paso Horse organization, the North American Peruvian Horse Association (NAPHA).
- To promote harmony and mutual support among Peruvian Horse owners and aficionados.
Membership to Los Amigos is very reasonable and we try hard to provide good value for member dues. The benefits and activities of the Los Amigos Peruvian Paso Club include:
- The Los Amigos Championship Show is held every summer. It is run by the rules of the parent organization, NAPHA, and it receives points toward their year end awards. It also receives points from its sister club, SCPPHC (Southern California Peruvian Paso Horse Club), towards their own year-end awards.
- Los Amigos coordinates and supports promotional activities at various equine expositions held in Southern California.
- The Los Amigos General Membership Meeting is held each December, usually at the ranch of one of the members. The purpose of the meeting is to provide the yearly meeting, as well as the elections for the Board of Directors for the following year.
- The Los Amigos Website offers a network of contacts, a resource for past show results, information on the breed, our members and activities. We hope that you like our new website and find it useful